Friday, June 29, 2012

June 24 and June 25


Sunday June 24

Well, I felt unmotivated, tired, want to lie around and do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We checked out of the hotel @ 11…..but the morning was lazy.  We slept in, ate breakfast, and watched the rain.  Really? More rain. 

Well, let’s go to Walmart.  We needed a few things…I certainly needed some pants and tennies…all I brought were flippies and my feet were wet!  L  Dry pants and dry feet certainly make a person feel sooo much better!

However, I think ½ of PCB was in the Walmart, good gracious was it crowded! But this Walmart has airbrush shop!  Kewl….very cool. 

Then take a trip to Best Buy and finally lunch.   We found a PO FOLKS!  For those of you who might not have had the pleasure, it is food similar to Cracker Barrel.  A little more humor in the decore however…their slogan We’re Po but we’re proud.  I haven’t been to a Po Folks in quite literally 20+ years.

So a super lunch and then off to our next (and final) hotel….. the Days Inn Suite , Beachside.

The room was not as nice as some of the others, but it was adequate.  The floors were tiled (beach---sand) but there were 3 double beds.  And no clock?????  We aren’t in Key West on Island Time folks!  Anyway, we have cell phones, so we have clocks.

I spent the rest of Sunday perched on my bed, book and tv clicker.  I was just tired tired tired.  Tom took Olivia to the pool for  abit.  Although it was raining, it was not storming and part of the pool was covered.

Later that night, we hit up the sonic for a chili cheese coney and ice cream!  Then off to sleep…………………….  Maybe the weather will be better in the morning……….



Monday June 25

Last day in Florida.  The skies were a bit more clear this morning and it was time for a good breakfast.  Ahhh…..Bob Evans….one our new favorite places to eat! They bring me a pot of coffee……

We hoped for a more rapid clearing, but that wasn’t the case.  So time for a new adventure!  Let’s to http://www.wonderworksonline.com/panama-city-beach/

WONDER WORKS….

It was quite an interesting place.  Had lots of interesting and interactive exhibits to keep us all entertained.  I enjoyed lying on the bed of nails.  That was really amazing.

We spent a couple o fhours in there, and then back to the hotel for a bit.  The weather was getting better all the time….  J  Hey, I think I saw a peek of blue sky?????????


Dinner was back to the Po Folks.  The day prior I couldn’t decide if I wanted crab cakes or liver and onions.   So one day I had the crab cakes and the next, liver and onions!  Good food once again! And it was off the beaten path and out of the tourist area, so more locals were there.  The place was quiet and nice….

For the evening, we needed to get out a bit.  We went to the go kart tracks.  The rain had stopped, the sun set was pretty  and it was nice to be outside.  We all were able to ride some go karts.  This was the first time that Olivia drove some by herself, so a new thing for her.  She seemed to have fun.

Its funny….put me behind the wheel of a go kart and I become quite competitive…..Tom and I race and we race hard.   We had a blast.

Sad to have a last night as such.  I was ready to go home….but I wish we had had a bit more sun….but the good news, we weren’t sunburned

Tuesday June 26

6 a.m. alarm goes off.  Really?  Already? 

We were on the road by 7:30 a.m.  The sun was out and the beach was beautiful.  I did manage a few snap shots……

Saw lots of power trucks heading south thru Alabama.  I can only assume they were heading to Florida to help with the after math of Tropical Storm Debby.

It was a lovely, adventurous vacation, but I’m ready to be home, with my kids and in my own home and in my own bed……………………..

sunset june 25 tropical debby departing.....

watching go karts...waiting our turn

morning of june 26
We arrived home about 4:30 p.m.  Glad to be here!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home