Sunday, June 17, 2012

Florida Trip.....2012 Days 1 and 1/2 my musings


June 15, 2012



Worked til 2.  So ½.

Left about 4 p.m.  Haven’t had to thump anyone yet, lol.  Nice trip down, some traffic.

Staying in GA in a La Quinta Inn.  Tom and Livvy had a pillow fight. 

Forgot a few things, biggest:  phone charger!  Will replace tomorrow.  No worries.  Tom’s fits my phone so I can keep it charged til I get one.  GRRRRR>  Such is life and could be worse! 

Nice trip thus far.  Traffic wasn’t bad…..eyes are getting heavy…heading to bed.



June 16  Day two

Didn’t sleep well.  Stayed up late watching a documentary on Adam Lambert…nothing I didn’t know, but interesting.

Got up early.  GRRRRR Its vacation!  Felt a bit grumpy.

Finally got everyone moving, we were late to the complimentary breakfast, but grabbed a quick bite.  Nothing really amazing…usual fare, pastries, cereal, waffles.  Either way, it was something in the stomach.

Hit the road.  Man, its hard to not “run on a schedule’ mentally.  Lol.  So structured and Capricorn I am!

We drove from Atlanta to Jacksonville in the appropriate amount of time.  Nothing dramatic happened.  Just chugged right along.



When we arrived, we drove around to some of our old haunts!  Where we once lived,etc along with the former N.A.S. Cecil field.  Its funny how the mind forgets. The places we once drove to automatically we now struggled to remember. L  GPS’s are great.  Lol.

We showed Olivia a few places and oriented ourselves a bit.  Things change of course, but particular landmarks are still there.

Slighly before arriving, I called my friend Michelle with whom I was going to rendezvous.  I was excited and nervous as it had been 13 years since I had seen her.   I remember the EXACT date that I saw her last date I last saw her because she is the one who performed our marriage ceremony!!!

She is, and she does not fully know this a quite influential person in my life.  She is the first person whom I met that follows the same spiritual path that  I now follow….and that’s been 12 or so years now.  (Hard to believe its been that long!).  And she’s funny, and smart, and always impressed me with her thinking!

She, Robbie and their partner Lynn came to Olive Garden and we had a LOVELY dinner with much laughter, sharing, and mirth!  So great to see them!  Loved meeting Lynn, what a beautiful woman,both physically and spiritually!  Got such a great “vibe” from her!!!

It was sad to part company again, but we both promised that it would not be 13 years this time.   Let’s hope that is true!

After dinner, we hit the pool for a bit.  For such a nice hotel, mints, fancy folded towels, etc, kind of a laughable pool!  Adequate, but not luxurious for sure!  Wet thought and that’s all Olivia really cared about!

We determined since the pool closed a short bit after we got there, that we wanted to go get some towels for the beach trip on Day 3.  Walgreens hadn’t had any…so off to, yes you know it, WALMART .  We traveled 10 hours to go to WALMART!  Lmao.  Can’t escape it can ya?   And I think the local community, at least at 10 p.m. beats the West Nashville hoodlums, (just a term, not really, at least I don’t THINK, lol) in a bad way. All I can say is WOW.

Got towels, etc and off we go.  Quick stop at sonic as I had a hankering for a chili cheese coney.  J  YUMMO

Had a hard time sleeping again, just wound up.  Tom and Olivia were sawing logs far before me.  However, when I did fall asleep, the sand man made sure I had enough sleep sand to sleep well! 

What a nice day two of vacation.  I felt myself unwinding and finally coming down from the stressful time of the past few weeks!  

And now…day three! Whoo HOO! 

 ***************************************************************








me and my friend Michelle!

pool time

<3 <3  US  <3 <3

p.s.  found phone charger!  what a dork I am!  lmao!
:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home